Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Great Singapore Sale 2008

Since I have 3 days off after back from Auckland, so me and 1 of my friend decided to go to Singapore for the Great Singapore Sale 2008 on the last weekend before it ends. We departed on the 9am and reached Bugis about 2pm. Since my Singapore’s friend still sleeping when we arrived, without wasted any time to waiting for him, 2 of us straight away heading to Orchard Road to bag the big bargains and grab the great retails. But unfortunately we feel that this year sale items are not that attractive and cheap compare with last year. Many stuffs are out dated and not nice. Nothing much can get our attention. :( But anyway, I still managed to buy some shirts and skin cares. My Singapore’s friend reached Orchard about 7pm and we had dinner together. After that proceeded to Suntec City to continue our shopping. Finished shopping, we went back to his home, rest for a while, get shower, change and then went to the highlight of the night -- clubbing at Tanjong Pagar. :p
After reached Orchard Road, we had our lunch at Din Tai Fung, Wisma Atria. Just wanted to try out how's the Din Tai Fung here. Conclusion is the foods here are sucks compare with Din Tai Fung at The Garden, Mid Valley. Taste bad and not nice!! I think try once is enough, won't go there for second time!! Recommended try out the Din Tai Fung at Taipei.



We had our dinner at Chatterbox, Mandarin Hotel. When mentioned about Chatterbox, the first thing that flashes into mind immediately is the all-famous Mandarin Chicken Rice. This is my 1st time try out the Chatterbox chicken rice. Frankly speaking, a bit disappointed. The chicken rice was unfortunately a let down. The rice was not fragrant enough, and the chicken meat was so tough. Soup was too salty. My friend told me that their head chef had quit on them.. too bad....

8 comments:

[SK] said...

why never show all your goodies bought in GSS?? let me see see what you bought maa..

hmmm, just no offence, but i always think SG food are never as good as MY food..

hehe, i told you.. DUCK taste better than CHICK woh.. :p

Danny said...

i always thought that the best chicken rice is from those kopitiam, not hotel...personal preference :)

2010 said...

The chicken rice look good on pic. I like ginger sauce.

Anonymous said...

i also prefer din tai fung in taipei...

savante said...

Always found food better in Penang. Then again I could be biased :P

Chris said...

SK: Oh? U 1 2 c ar? Next time i took the photos lor.
Yeah, i hardly find any nice n tasty foods in SG. :(
Chick easy to get but duck difficult lor..

Danny: Oh.. and those the char chan teng as well. :)

219mc: Look nice only, actual taste not nice. :( I like to eat ginger too.

Squall: welcome. Yeah, Din Tai Fung in TPE still the best.

Savante: welcome. Haha... bcos u r from Penang? :p

Pete said...

Got ur link from Rose site. Thks for highlighting the not so good food. It has been a while since my last trip to Spore.

Chris said...

Pete: Welcome to my blog. Oh.. hehe... Yeah, the foods are really sucks there. :(